Friday, October 8, 2010

Gift Giving Options


Do you have a person in your family that is difficult to buy for?  They either have everything they need, buy what they want, or you just don't have a clue what they like?  Is there a special teacher or coach that you'd like to buy a special, personal gift for?   I have a solution to all of the above!  A CUSTOM SCRAPBOOK.

Why a scrapbook?  It is personal.  It is unique.  It is thoughtful.   It is a gift that they will not want to return!  It is a gift that can continue to be passed down and appreciated.

I have given scrapbooks as gifts for years.  People tell me they are the most special, priceless gift they receive.  I can tell you from experience that one of the first things that comes to mind when someone asks what one of my favorite gifts is - a scrapbook from one of the teams I use to coach.  It has been about 10 years now, but I still have it in my sitting room and look at it often.  The girls all made a page for me that had their picture and a personal note.  It meant so much to me - and still does. 

There are several ideas to choose from for gifts.  There's the "given ones" - Wedding albums and Baby Albums.  Pretty straight forward.  Priceless.  Heritage albums are terrific!  They document families and individuals throughout their lives.  I'm working on a Heritage/Cookbook Album right now.  I'm very excited!  My grandmother LOVES cookbooks!  So, I'm putting together an album of recipes, photos, and stories.  Family members are submitting recipes (and I have some of hers), photos of them with her, and stories about her.  I'm actually doing this one digitally and printing it out in hard back book form.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!  Some other ideas would be classroom or team books for coaches.  (Again, great choice for digital album.  Parents can submit photos digitally and I can put it together.  Multiple copies can be printed if needed.)  Sibling albums are another great gift.  This can be done in traditional scrapbook form, PicFolio, or digital.  My mother-in-law made one for each of her sons for Christmas a couple of years ago.  They were identical to each other - she made doubles of all the photos through the years, added some stories, and "brothers" poetry.  My husband actually cried as he went through it!

The list goes on and on....  Feel free to share your own ideas!

If anyone is interested in ordering in time for Christmas, order now!  Production time is 4-6 weeks (takes about 2 weeks to get supplies shipped, 2-4 weeks to produce, and then shipping time to you).  Don't miss out!!  Contact me for your special quote.

0 comments:

Post a Comment